CLASSIC OR CLEAN FET MIC SOUND AT THE FLIP OF A SWITCH
STUDIO SOUND IN REAL-WORLD SPACES
The LA-220 is a two-tone FET microphone that allows you to choose between the warmth of a classic microphone and the clarity of a modern microphone at the flip of a switch.
TWO MICS IN ONE
The LA-220’s onboard analog sound-shaping eliminates the need for mic swaps and downtime, which means you can focus on the main thing --- making music. Capture vocals with presence and punch or an electric guitar without any annoying high-end sizzle.
The LA-220 utilizes the same upgraded capsule as its larger tube sibling, the LA-320. Unlike traditional capsule designs, our hand-tuned 32mm transducer naturally imparts gentle compression and balance to any sound source, making it ideal for use in an array of string, percussion, and vocal applications.
WHAT'S INSIDE MATTERS
Hand-soldered with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, a US-made ultra-low noise JFET, and a vintage-inspired output transformer.
IN THE BOX
LA-220 / SPIDER SHOCK MOUNT / MICROPHONE BAG
SPECIFICATIONS & DIAGRAMS
- TYPE: TRANSFORMER-BALANCED FET CONDENSER
- CAPSULE: 32MM CENTER-TERMINATED PRESSURE GRADIENT
- POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID
- FREQ. RESPONSE: 20HZ - 20kHz
- HIGH PASS: FLAT / 120Hz
- LOW PASS: FLAT / 12kHz
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 120DB MINIMUM
- MAX. SPL: 0.5% THD @1000HZ: 130DB
- IMPEDANCE: <200 OHMS
- SELF-NOISE LEVEL: < 15DB-A
- SENSITIVITY: 16MV/PA -40DB (ODB=1V/PA 1KHZ)
- CONNECTOR: 3-PIN XLR
- POWER: REQUIRES 48V PHANTOM POWER
- BOX DIMENSIONS: 5" x 10" x 10"
- IN-BOX WEIGHT: 3.9lbs
- MIC W/ MOUNT WEIGHT: 1lb 9oz